The Conferment Committee will compile a Conferment Matricula from all the masters and doctors conferred either in person or in absentia. The registration form will also ask for Information for the matricula, so you should reserve about 30 minutes of time for filling the form. It’s also recommended to become acquainted with the programme and the dress code before filling the form. Fields not affecting the payments are possible to correct until the end of the registration period. The matricula will be distributed to the promovendi and other guests in the Conferment Act. Those conferred in absentia will have the matricula mailed to them after the Conferment Ceremony.
- Model text for the MatriculaMODEL, Mary * 10.3.1985 Ann Arbor, MI, USA. PRNTS Dr Elena Model and chef Gary Model (nee Moore) SPOUSE MSc Tom Model (nee Hudson) 2011 CHLDRN Samantha 2010 – BSc 2009, MSc 2012, PhD 2016 (theoretical physics) DISS. Cosmological constraints on Standard Model Extensions OCC. Academy Research Fellow, University of Helsinki, 2016- PREV. OCC. doctoral student, University of Helsinki, 2012-16, SECNDRY OCC. assistant, University of Helsinki, 2009-12 POS. OF TRUST president, The Student Association, 2008-10, member of the board, The Scientific Society, 2014-15 – honorary member, The Student Association, 2015 – MSc thesis prize of the University of Helsinki 2012, Prize of The Scientific Society 2015, Academy Research Fellow 2016- TRAVELS Stanford University, USA, 2014-15 PUBL. History of Physics 2015, 10 scientific articles in the field of theoretical physics, 5 popular articles.
In addition to filling in the registration form, all promovendi need to deliver a copy of their diploma (“tutkintotodistus”) in order to confirm their eligibility to participate. It can either be brought to the Conferment Office or sent to the Committee via email or traditional mail.
- I have graduated by the time of registrationPlease deliver the copy of your diploma as soon as possible after filling in the registration form.
- I will graduate after my registration, but before the actPlease deliver a copy of your diploma to the Conferment Committee immediately after graduating. If you will not graduate before May 2017,a written confirmation from your faculty must be delivered to the Conferment Committee to ensure that you have been registered to graduate in May.
If your name has changed after you graduated, you should also supply the Conferment Committee a copy of your marriage certificate or some official identification papers (such as a passport or driver’s licence).
Jubilee masters and doctors do not need to deliver copies of their diplomas or identification.
The venues used in the Conferment Ceremony restrict the amount of participants. If there are more interested participants than is possible for the venues, we will be selecting participants in order of registration, i.e. first-come-first-serve.
It is useful to read through at least the following material before filling the registration form
- Conferment Programme
- Costs of the Conferment Ceremony
- Dress code
- Academic insignia
- Information for the matricula (see the example above)